Saturday, October 23, 2010

more feathery thoughts

"If I had a million dollars, I would still buy Sonia Kashuk makeup." I said to my friend.

"If I had a million dollars, I would still shop at thrift stores." She replied.

This was a new line of thought. Instead of, "If I had a million dollars, I would go to Italy," kind of thoughts, we were talking about what frugal things we would do that we had discovered were fun and money-saving that we would continue, if we should ever be so fortunate as to have a million dollars.

And that's the great thing about people who slowly grow wealth because they save, I mused. By the time they get there, they have all these habits that they might as well continue. Looking for online coupons before I check out, budgeting on a straight and narrow line, waiting for the Kohl's 15-30% off emails before I buy, and then buying from the 70% off rack. These are all things I could do on any budget. (They just happen to fit our current budget very well!).

I don't know if I share my friend's sentiments about thrift stores yet however. Looking at thrift stores requires a special talent that I haven't yet acquired.

If I had a million dollars, I would buy my shoes at J. Crew. Italian leather. Oh yeah.

http://www.jcrew.com/womens_feature/NewArrivals/shoes/PRDOVR~32009/32009.jsp

No comments:

Post a Comment