Monday, September 13, 2010

Rescued by a Song

So it's my first day at home after three weeks of a temp assignment. And I'm thinking, yeah I can do this. I can be at home and do this not looking for a job thing. And meeting with people and spending some time thinking and praying and finding useful and fun things to do - such as volunteering or spending more time with friends or networking groups.

And by 2:00 in the afternoon I was like, "I can't do this." I want to apply for every job I see. I want to walk the Carlisle Pike and apply for jobs. But I don't. Cause I'm tired of that.

And then I saw a link to Josh Groban's new single "Hidden Away", and clicked on it and listened to the song. Songs are good. They make the world seem alive when it seems very dead. 

So my ideas are: giving piano and violin ideas, writing, blogging, freelancing. Making soap and selling it at flea markets. Buying things on flea markets and reselling on ebay. That would be fun.

And I'm all over the place and am having trouble being quiet inside and resting. 

So soon I'll do some of the not so lonely things. Like meeting with friends and volunteering or something.

And trusting that the way will be made for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment